Essentials of Non-Sterile Compounding
Kenneth R. Speidel, Medisca Network Inc.
Tuesday, October 7, 2014 (Tentative)
1:00 – 2:00 p.m. CST (2:00 ET / 11:00 PT / 12:00 MT)
IACP Technician or Student Pharmacist Members – $25
IACP Pharmacist Members – $45
Non-members – $70
Please click here to Register!
The practice of compounding pharmacy has undergone a significant evolution in requirements and practices in just the past year, and predictions suggest change will continue for some time to come. It is imperative that we evolve our historically reactive behaviors to a more prospective behavior that will anticipate change far before a response is necessary. This one hour webinar will provide specific considerations that non-sterile compounding pharmacy personnel can utilize to protect their businesses from a business, operational or even a regulatory event.
At the conclusion of this program, the pharmacist and technician attendee will be able to:
- Outline business development and marketing concepts that lead to a successful practice and a competitive advantage.
- Identify dosage form stability and patient-specific suitability of compounded preparations that will provide a more systematic approach to individualization.
- Recognize the reasons to consider third party accreditation for your non-sterile pharmacy.
- Identify non-sterile compounding-related United States Pharmacopeia (USP) guidelines to employ in your compounding operations.
- Identify common problematic areas in non-sterile compounding pharmacy operations to add simple monitoring and reporting processes to the organizational Quality Management Program (QMP).
This program is made possible through an unrestricted educational grant-in-aid from MEDISCA.
This educational content is created and copy righted by MEDISCA NETWORK.
The American College of Apothecaries, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. The International Academy of Compounding Pharmacists’ programming is co-sponsored by the American College of Apothecaries. This program is applying for 1.0 contact hours (0.1 CEUs) of continuing education credit for pharmacists and technicians.
If you were unable to attend the live webinar, this program will be converted to the self-paced library 24-48 hours after it is recorded. Please click here to view IACP AdvanCE’s self-paced online webinars that are available today.