IACP Regional Educational Meetings for Compounders
The IACP Regional Education Meeting is a traveling live pharmacy law CE seminar that gives pharmacists and technicians 2.0 contact hours (.20 CEUs) of ACPE-approved LIVE LAW continuing education credit and a chance to learn and network with their local colleagues. In 2014, attendees will hear from IACP's Executive Vice President & CEO David G. Miller, RPh as he presents Pharmacy Compounding Law and Regulations: Staying Current in a Changing World, an in-depth presentation on federal and state legislative and regulatory issues that affect compounding pharmacies.
In the two hour seminar, participants will learn how regulatory initiatives and court decisions have influenced the regulation of compounders, the authority of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) when inspecting compounding pharmacies, and up-to-date information on the current federal proposed legislation. Are YOU current on your compounding pharmacy law? Never assume. Whether you’re a veteran compounder or just thinking about implementing this critical health service for your community, we hope you’ll join us for an evening of education and fellowship.
Stay tuned! IACP will announce 2014 cities as they become finalized.
Would You Like to Sponsor or Host an IACP Regional Education Meeting in Your City?
If you would like IACP to plan a Regional Education Meeting in your city, please email Michelle Greene Atkinson or call 281.933.8400. For more information on sponsorship, please click here. For more information on hosting, please click here.
2014 Regional Education Meetings
- March 21, 2014 - Scottsdale, Ariz.
This program was made possible through an unrestricted educational grant-in-aid from Storey Marketing.
- June 18, 2014 - Newark, New Jersey
Save the Date!
NJIT Enterprise Development Center
4th Floor, #407 (EDC Conference Center)
211 Warren Street
Newark, New Jersey 07103
Thank you to TeleManager Technologies for hosting this meeting.
- September 20, 2014 - Dallas, Texas
Save the Date!
Location: Omni Hotel in Dallas
This meeting will correspond with the Freedom Pharmaceuticals 3rd Annual Seminar, September 18-20. More information coming soon.
2013 Regional Education Meetings
- November 9, 2013 - Tulsa, Okla.
- September 26, 2013 - Salt Lake City, Utah
- August 8, 2013 - Houston, Texas
- August 6, 2013 - Austin, Texas
- July 25, 2013 - Chicago, Illinois
- January 17, 2013 - Foley, Ala.
This program was made possible through an unrestricted educational grant-in-aid from mediStat.
2012 Regional Education Meetings
- November 3, 2012 - Tulsa, Okla.
- November 1, 2012 - Oklahoma City, Okla.
- April 4-5, 2012 - Swedesboro, N.J.
- April 4, 2012 - Exton, Pa.
- March 20, 2012 - Leesburg, Va.
- February 28, 2012- Sherman Oaks, Calif.
- February 25, 2012 - Dana Point, Calif.
- January 10, 2012 - Dallas, Texas
2011 Regional Education Meetings
- September 20, 2011 - Parsippany, N.J.
- September 13, 2011 - Waltham, Mass.
- March 29, 2011 - Seattle, Wash.
To Obtain CE Credit for this Educational Program:
Attendees will be required to complete an online evaluation for the CE session within two weeks after the conclusion of the meeting to verify attendance and acquire their CE. Attendees must provide their NABP e-Profile ID and birth date (MMDD) to receive credit for any ACPE-accredited CPE session.
It is the responsibility of the CPE attendee to provide their correct NABP e-Profile ID and birth date. If incorrect information is provided, the record will be rejected by CPE Monitor and the CPE credit will not be awarded. If you complete an online evaluation for the CE session within two weeks after the conclusion of the meeting, your CPE credits will be uploaded to the CPE Monitor System within 60 days of completion. If you do not see CPE activity displayed for a session that you attended, and it has been more than 60 days since you submitted the CPE to the provider, please contact your CPE provider. If you have any questions, please email Michelle Greene Atkinson, or call the IACP office at 281.933.8400.
Pharmacists and pharmacy technicians are now required to submit their NABP e-Profile ID and birth date to receive credit for any ACPE-accredited CPE session. The new electronic system, CPE Monitor, will now track completed CPE credits online for pharmacists and pharmacy technicians. Please click here to register for your NABP e-Profile ID. As a reminder, this is neither your store number nor your pharmacist license number! Beginning January 1, 2013, a certificate of attendance is not sufficient to record your CE credit. All credits will be filed electronically on your behalf with NABP's CPE Monitor.
For questions regarding NABP e-Profile ID creation and maintenance, as well as the reporting process to the state boards of pharmacy, please contact NABP Customer Service at 847-391-4406, Monday-Friday between 8:45 AM and 5:00 PM CT.
About Our Program:
Join IACP’s Executive Vice President & CEO, David G. Miller, RPh, when he presents Pharmacy Compounding Law and Regulations: Staying Current in a Changing World.
Who Should Attend?
This seminar is designed for any pharmacist, technician or pharmacy student currently involved in or interested in building their understanding about compounding pharmacy. This program is accredited for LIVE pharmacy law for pharmacists and technicians.
At the conclusion of this seminar, the pharmacist and technician attendee will be able to:
- Explain how compounders are regulated and enforced by the State Boards of Pharmacy, Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).
- List four different regulatory initiatives and two court cases that have defined FDA’s oversight to compounders.
- State what authority the FDA has when inspecting compounding pharmacies.
- Define “bulk ingredients” and the difference between “FDA-approved” products.
- Define “office use” and describe how compounding for office use differs from wholesaling.
- Describe key components of federal proposed legislation that may change the balance of existing federal and state authorities.
The American College of Apothecaries, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. The International Academy of Compounding Pharmacists’ programming is co-sponsored by the American College of Apothecaries. This program has been accredited for 2.0 contact hours (0.2 CEUs) of continuing education credit for pharmacists and technicians. ACPE UAN 0201-9999-13-066-L03-P, 0201-9999-13-066-L03-T.
IACP Members -- $50*
Non-members -- $75*
Pharmacy Students – FREE
*For groups of 5 or more people, please reach out to IACP at 281-933-8400 to discuss availability of group discounts.
Click here to view photos from the 2011-2014 IACP Regional Education Meetings.
Read what past attendees are saying about the IACP Regional Education Meeting:
“The Regional IACP meeting is a must for compounders who seek to stay up to date on significant new state and federal regulatory issues. It affords IACP members the chance to work with their colleagues in a collaborative – not a competitive – way. This will be a tremendous opportunity to ask questions about local issues that affect our practice and I recommend that all of my colleagues attend.”
- Ernest P. Gates, Jr., RPh, FASCP, FIACP, Gates Healthcare Associates, Host for Waltham, Mass. Regional Educational Meeting
“Let’s face it, Law and especially Pharmacy Law can be really boring! Not the case at IACP’s Regional Educational Meeting where David Miller takes you on an adventure of Pharmacy Compounding Law past to present, encourages audience participation and gives out prizes (we can’t tell you what kind, you have to come to the meeting and find out)! By the end of this session, we had acquired 2.0 contact hours (.20 CEUs) of continuing education credit and had a great time, too! There is constant change going on in regulation at both the state and federal levels. IACP’s Regional Educational Meetings provide an invaluable way to stay current and also network with your colleagues.”
- Lisa D. Ashworth, BS Pharm, RPh, Children's Medical Center Dallas, Host for Dallas, Texas Regional Educational Meeting
“The seminar was great and extremely helpful to me and to my pharmacy. Dave was entertaining and informative, no sleeping thru this lecture.”
- Raylene Mote, PharmD, Inland Compounding Pharmacy, Attendee at Sherman Oaks, Calif. Regional Education Meeting
“This is the first time I have heard David Miller. He is one of the most knowledgeable speakers on compounding I have encountered.”
- Wendy Galbraith, PharmD, BCNP, University of Oklahoma College of Pharmacy, Attendee at Tulsa, Okla. Regional Education Meeting
“IACP amazes me. With so few employees how IACP is able to accomplish so much. IACP protects and promotes the profession of compounding, acts as a professional resource to their members and creates a sense of unity between compounders, wholesalers and various professional organizations. I've owned a compounding pharmacy for just over two years. I joined IACP this year. I regret not joining earlier. Ideally, if I was starting over, it should have been my first membership. Their insight and expertise has helped our pharmacy in countless ways.
I've completed many CE's administered by IACP, but seeing them in person was really worth it. I am thankful for the individual attention to my questions. The staff at IACP has always been extremely helpful. I look forward to the Educational Conference in Dana Point California in February.”
- Charlene Vernak, RPh, Vernak Farms Country Store, Attendee at Tulsa, Okla. Regional Education Meeting
“Had a wonderful time meeting the attendees. David Miller is a dynamic and eloquent speaker. He knows how to place issues into perspective. Great Meeting and camaraderie.”
- Stephen Newton, RPh, mediStat Pharmacy, Attendee at Foley, Ala. Regional Education Meeting
- Attendee at Foley, Ala. Regional Education Meeting
“One of the best CEU programs I have attended in the last 5 years."
- Attendee at Foley, Ala. Regional Education Meeting
"The program was presented in an organized, easy to follow manner inviting conversation and open discussions throughout the evening. The speaker was knowledgeable and engaging."
- Attendee at Chicago, Ill. Regional Education Meeting
"David's experience in dealing with Congress and State Boards of Pharmacies made this session very informative and helpful in understanding the impact of past and future legislative actions."
- Attendee at Austin, Texas Regional Education Meeting
“I would highly recommend it for all! It’s important to keep learning and doing our best in compounding! It was great to get together with fellow compounders and others. It was a big step in the right direction!”
- Dean Jolley, RPh, Jolley's Compounding Pharmacy, Attendee at Salt Lake City, Utah Regional Education Meeting
A $15 administration fee will be retained if you cancel your registration for any reason. In order to receive a refund of the balance, written notice must be received 7 days prior to the Regional Education Meeting. No refunds will be made after this date.